EQ Office Reimagines Chicago Landmark as Vibrant, Creative Workplace
CHICAGO, Oct. 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- EQ Office, the U.S. office portfolio company wholly-owned by Blackstone's real estate funds, unveiled today the completely transformed and newly renamed, 350 North Orleans. Known originally as the Apparel Center, 350 North Orleans is a modern employment hub with a leading combination of amenities, neighborhood location and large plate floorplates where innovative, creative companies want to be.
"Work continues to evolve, and today's leading companies are putting employees first and using their workspace as a tool to support innovation, foster community and inspire the best talent," said David Moore, SVP and Portfolio Director at EQ Office. "350 North Orleans has a rich history and is a place where companies can leverage our unique advantages to thrive going forward."
EQ is transforming 350 North Orleans through a combination of enhancements, including a nearly $20 million investment in the building's façade, an expansive fitness center, large tenant lounge and private roof deck, and unique tenant amenity programming. With these changes, 350 North Orleans is the premier large floorplate building in Chicago where tenants from all industries can find a home and a space for greatness.
New tenant amenities at 350 North Orleans include:
- River Room, an amenity lounge located near the pedway to the Merchandise Mart, that serves as a destination gathering place and communal experience for building employees. River Room also features a 1,500 square foot conference center that seats up to 100 people, available for rent by tenants, as well as a textile art installation designed by Partners By Design in collaboration with Luft Studio.
- Studio 350, a highly-visible, light-filled, 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness space featuring warm design, locker rooms and energized studio class programming.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop garden deck on the third floor with expansive outdoor seating and sweeping views of the Chicago River and Chicago Loop.
- Dining options such as a lobby café managed by Infuse Hospitality, Fooda restaurant pop-ups and a new bar just outside of the River Room amenity lounge.
- Pedway Connection, with a fresh look and feel, further enhancing the covered connection to the CTA el lines and the Merchandise Mart with its expansive food and retail offerings.
Originally known as the Apparel Center, 350 North Orleans long served as a non-descript wholesale center for the apparel and textile industries before it was converted into an office building. The building stands in Chicago's River North neighborhood, one of the city's most vibrant districts. With the new amenities, EQ is capitalizing on the building's excellent location and physical attributes to weave new elements into the fabric of the property and complete the story of its long history.
About EQ Office
We are EQ Office. While other real estate owners talk about square footage and floor plans, we focus on the experience; how space feels, activates and performs. At EQ, we partner with business leaders to find, design and manage balanced workspaces with the intention of helping to inspire talent. We're proud to work hand-in-hand with customers of all sizes from Fortune 100 companies to emerging startups to bring humanity back to the work place. Our diverse team of over 200 professionals is responsible for creating inspired office environments in cities across the country including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Boston. What began as Equity Office Properties 42 years ago, now reflects a new intelligence needed to address shifting workplace needs, as EQ Office. As a U.S. office portfolio company wholly owned by Blackstone's real estate funds, we have the resources to lead the changes happening in work space. Explore your space for greatness at www.eqoffice.com.← Back to Press Releases